info@3DUserNet.com | tel: +44 (0) 208 8995630
Download this press release as a PDF document here
3DUSERNET SHAPING A NEW 3D WORLD WITH PORTAL FOR POINT CLOUDS AND 3D MODELS
3DUserNet enables users to store, view, work on and share, for the first time, all their 3D data and projects directly on-line, on one portal, on any modern device, anywhere.
With extensive collaboration features such as project groups and guest viewers, 3DUserNet makes 3D Point Cloud and Model data accessible to the widest possible groups of stakeholders, making it a natural part of any digital transformation programme.
It has a simple to use, extensive range of features and SaaS tools for core tasks on Point Clouds from any source and 3D models, and enables integration of the two on the same project, which will satisfy 3D professionals. But by making 3D information so usable for the many, 3DUserNet hopes to inspire a whole range of new and powerful uses to improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
Co –Founder Paul Snudden says “we have always been in awe of the power of 3D information not just as a way of making classic surveying and measurement tasks so much easier, but as a way of helping really clear communication of projects and ideas. We hope our new portal becomes an everyday tool not just for the high level professionals but for collaboration internally and externally between people across organisations – really harnessing the potential power of Point Clouds and Models”
A range of licences are available on monthly subscription or time specific multi-user contracts, with a white label option for surveyors and other large scan operations. 30 day free trials are available right now, easily signed up for on the website
info@3DUserNet.com | tel: +44 (0) 208 8995630
3DUserNet Ltd | Registered Office: Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road London W4 5YA Company Number: 8396101
Store, view, work on and share online any Point Clouds and most 3D models
- Upload and store your point clouds from any scanner hardware, or photogrammetry solution and most 3D models in one place – your part of the 3DUserNet cloud
- View online using a range of navigation options
- Work directly online with your 3D data, point clouds and models using our comprehensive3D project toolset
- Share and collaborate on your projects with a range of sharing options
Complete mobile online access to view and use your 3D information
You can stream, view, work on and share your 3D data projects via any up-to-date browser and on any modern smart device across 3G, 4G and Broadband.
Comprehensive set of on-line 3D project tools
Create projects and work directly on-line with your 3D information with a range of easy to use tools for measurements, annotations and hyperlinks, model and point cloud on-line integration:
- A complete measurement suite, coordinates, point to point, areas, and angles
- Create measurable profile views
- Make annotations, add rich content and colour code, toggle notes on and off
- Insert hyperlinks for media that can be accessed within your data
- Integrate models into your point cloud data
All work is created and saved in your project database in as many saved states and with as many layers of information you wish.
Sharing and collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders made easy
The real power of your 3D data can now be realised with our focus on how you can share your data and projects, with a range of features:
- The Project Group function allows your core team access to the project and data at anytime, enabling much closer and immediate collaboration.
- A Viewer only licence allows others to view your projects using their own password access, but not to change them! They can view, navigate and take measurements, but not save any information. So wherever your team members are you can share and collaborate while looking at the same 3D information.
- The Guest User feature gives time limited access to other stakeholders, who are probably outside your organization, but important to the overall project.
We have 3 simple user licence levels, you choose the blend of licences in your account to suit the needs of your project or company
- The VIEWER licence allows you to give access and a bit of functionality to as many people in your organisation as you wish at really low cost.
- The PROJECT licence gives you all the functionality we can offer and an excellent level of storage and download allowance.
- The PRO version, is for the power user and gives you huge data allowances together with the full functionality package.
1. Time length specific multi-licence contracts
For time specific projects with defined number of users or can only procure as a one off cost rather than monthly scheme, then we accommodate this, but will be unable to refund any unused licences during the licence period term. You can of course purchase more fixed term contracts at anytime.
2. Monthly subscription
With the monthly subscription option it is easy to change your account make up at anytime – there is no long-term commitment.
- Viewer licence at £35 per month per user
- Project Licence £90 per month per user
- Pro licence at £185 per month per month per user
CONTACT DETAILS – FOR INFORMATION
Paul Snudden – Founder (Paul.Snudden@3DUserNet.com)
TO ARRANGE PRESS TRIAL – CONTACT
Dave Mercel – Founder (Dave.Mercel@3DUserNet.com)
Dave will get you going with a point cloud and 3D model so you can review the portal fully
A BIT ABOUT THE FOUNDERS
Paul Snudden, Dave Mercel and Mark DeGiovanni
We’ve been working with 3D data of all types, but in particular point clouds, for many years, in Surveying, Civil Engineering, Policing, Road Safety, Security and Defence, in past roles in Surveying and most recently with our other company Advanced Laser Imaging.
We have always been pretty much in awe of the power it brings to communicating information, as a base tool for vital measurement tasks and now for an increasingly wide and innovative range of other enhanced products for training, monitoring, operations, built and natural asset management… amongst others.
But we became increasingly frustrated that the tremendous potential of 3D information was being held back by its inaccessibility, by lack of simple tools for the less technical and by very limited ways of sharing and collaborating with colleagues using the information.
To coin a phrase – it has been the domain of the few rather than the tool of the many
Peta bytes of 3D data are being captured or created and tragically used just in very narrow ways, with specialist software for specialist tasks.
So we had a cup of coffee a few months back and in summary these were our thoughts….
There were a few nascent portals out there, but none were really doing the job of truly democratising 3D data, liberating it and enabling people across the whole of an organisation to use it to increase effectiveness and efficiency, improve safety and training, and enhance the organisation’s relationship with staff, customers, shareholders, media and all their stakeholders.
Best chat to a few people……
So we spoke to quite a number of people in a variety of roles in civil engineering, built asset management and other sectors, many who wouldn’t normally directly use or be in contact with the 3D information their company collected and many who used it all the time – and our instinct was right – if we could find a way to make it usable and shareable for all, then they had a list of problems it may help solve and ways in which it would improve their organisation.
So 3DUserNet was born.
We hope you like it – we think it could be the start of a revolution in the use of 3D, not just for those already collecting, creating and using it, but also for those who can now see the potential it offers for their organisation.
Let us know your thoughts anytime,
Paul, Dave and Mark